Having a new born baby is one of the most exciting moments for a parent, especially when they are really looking forward to having the baby. Immediately after birth there are some thing you shouldn’t expect to see in and about your baby. This article is to help you know about new borns to prevent fear or disappointment.
- The baby might look abnormal. You can often see babies having flat heads or flat nose or puffed face or that the eyes are often shot. It’s nothing to worry about. Reason is because the head had to pass through a small passage and they are still not used to the new environment.
- The fontanel can be handled: A fontanel also known as soft spot is an anatomical feature of the infant human skull comprising any of the soft membranous gaps (sutures) between the cranial bones that make up the calvaria of a fetus or an infant. although many parents are afraid to touch this part of the head but there is nothing wrong in handling it.
- She will tell you if she is not getting enough food: A baby is supposed to eat 2-3hours and newborn loses 5 to 8 percent of her birthweight within the first week but should gain it back by the second. Diaper-counting can also act as a gauge: her schedule those first five days is haphazard, but after that, you’ll see five to six wet diapers a day, and at least one or two stools.
- Dry Skins: the dry skins gotten by babies is because of amnoitic fluid they have been soaked in for months and that wears off naturally. It is nothing to worry about.
- Lot of Cries: The only means for communication for babies is by cries.They want to sleep, they cry, eat, having pain e.t.c they cry. It is nothing to worry about after you have checked every part of their body to notice that nothing is wrong.