The best time to bond with babies is when they are yet unborn, from 8th month of pregnancy and when they are still babies.
Attachment is when a baby and caregiver form a strong connection with each other, emotionally and physically.
Bonding with your baby is important. It helps to release hormones and chemicals in the brain that encourage rapid brain growth.
- Hold your baby on the left side of your chest, so they can hear your heartbeat.
- Learn to read your baby’s cues and signals to you and let your baby know you understand.
- Copy your baby’s noises or signals, then wait for your baby to respond before continuing.
- Soothe and cuddle your baby when they’re upset.
- Start new activities gently, rather than abruptly, and talk calmly about what you’re doing.
- Once you have learned what your baby likes, do it regularly.
- Feel movement
- Talk to your baby in utero
- Take periodic “bump” photos
- Write to your child